Admission to each of the various categories would require the applicant to submit certain document along with his/her application. Details of the Certificates to be attached are listed. Self-attested photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials with a remark " This certificate is a true copy of the original" should be attached to the application form. The documents should be attached in the following order.
ESSENTIAL FOR ALL APPLICANTS
- Two recent identical passport size photographs (taken not earlier than 3 months from the date of application), one of which should be affixed to the application form in the space provided (the other photograph is to be affixed to the Acknowledgement Card).
- Statement of marks of H.S.S.C. (Std. XII) or its equivalent examination.
- Birth Certificate froma Competent Authority.
- Certificate of Residence from the Mamlatdar, indicating period of continuous residence (minimum last 10 years) of the applicant in Goa, preceeding the month of application.
a. In case, the continuous residence in Goa is less than 10 years but more than 5 years, and the applicant wants to claim concession on the ground of parents/grandparents being born in Goa, the birth certificate of either of the parents/grandparents from the Registrar of Births and Deaths, and document to establish their link with the applicant should be attached.
b. An applicant claiming concession in period of residence under the Navodaya Vidyalaya Exchange Programme must produce an attested photocopy of the Goa Government order indicating the place and period of deputation and posting outside the State of Goa or a certificate stating that he is a student of Navodaya Vidyalaya from Goa.
c. Incase Residence Certificate is issued by Mamlatdar on or before 31st December, (previous year of admission), the applicant shall provide documentary evidence to establish his/her continuous residence in the State of Goa, immediately preceding the last date/month of application.
- A Leaving/Transfer Certificate from the School or College attended last, signed by the Headmaster/Principal of the Institute (if applicable).
- All those claiming concession in tuition fees (Category 1, 5, 6 & 8) and claiming for TFW Scheme must submit at the time of admission “Certificate of Income” in original issued by Panchayat,(for village areas) or Chief Officer of Municipalities (for Municipal areas) stating the annual income of both the parents, from all the sources (including agricultural income).
FOR CLAIMING SPECIFIC CATEGORIES
- An applicant claiming a seat reserved for SC/ST Category (2 & 3) must produce a valid Non-Migrant Caste Certificate in the prescribed Proforma (Annexure I) from the Dy. Collector of the area concerned. Certificate issued by a Village Panchayat/ Mamlatdar shall not be accepted.
- An applicant claiming a seat reserved for OBC Category (4) must produce a Caste Certificate (non-creamy layer and non-migrant) in the prescribed Proforma (Annexure I) from the Dy. Collector of the area concerned. A Certificate issued by Village the Panchayat/Mamlatdar shall not be accepted.
- An applicant claiming a seat under Physically Handicapped Category (5) must produce a certificate from the Medical Board of Goa Medical College regarding his/her disability and ability/fitness to undergo all parts of syllabus for the course, such as theory, practical, workshop, etc.
- An applicant claiming a seat under the Children of Freedom Fighters of Goa Category (6) must produce a certificate in the prescribed Proforma, from the Home Department, (Secretariat, Goa), that either of his/her parents is registered as a Freedom Fighter of Goa, indicating the date and Registration Number.
- An applicant claiming a seat under the Children of Goa State/Central Government Employees including Goa State/Central Government/Public Sector Undertaking and Defence Personnel and Educational Institution recognized by Govt. of Goa (7a & 7b) must produce a 'till date' Service Certificate of the parent from the Head of Office/Department. The Service Certificate should indicate the full name of the parent, designation, date of transfer order, date of joining and present status of posting.
- An applicant claiming seats under Children of Persons residing in Goa [7c] must produce a Residence Certificate from the Mamlatdar, in respect of his/her parent’s residing in Goa, preceding the date of submission of application for admission and of the applicant having passed qualifying exams from schools in Goa. Applicant claiming seats under Category [7d] must produce certificate from their employer in respect of his/her parents having retired from their service when posted in the State of Goa and that their wards continued to study in the schools and passed the qualifying exam from schools in Goa.
- An applicant claiming a seat under the children of Ex-servicemen Category (8) must produce a certificate from the Secretary, Rajya Sainik Board/Department of Sainik Welfare, Goa, indicating the full name, the registration date, registration number of the ex-serviceman and a Residential Certificate of the applicant from the Mamlatdar, indicating the period of continuous residence (minimum three years) in Goa. The Certificate shall clearly specify that it is valid for admission to Professional courses in the relevant year i.e. 2015-16 only.
- An applicant claiming a seat under the children of Goan Natives Category (10) must produce a Certificate of Nativity (of birth in Goa), either of parents/grandparents, from the Competent Authority that documentary evidence based on documents issued by Government authorities clearly establishes their link with the applicant.
- An applicant claiming a seat under NRI / OCI category must furnish the following documents:
a. A certificate from the Indian Diplomatic Mission, Chancellery, or Commission abroad, under their seal, that either of the parents of the applicant is an Indian Resident in that country.
b. OCI/PIO Card/document issued by the Competent Authority.
c. A certified copy of the passport as proof of being an Indian Citizen or, in its absence, a certificate to this effect from the Department of Home, Secretariat, Goa.
d. A Provisional Eligibility Certificate from Goa University.
All proformas and Specimen formats of documents required may be found under 'Annexures' in the prospectus (available online).