1) All notifications related to admission shall be notified in the four newspapers of the State of Goa, viz. Navhind Times, Herald, Gomantak (Marathi), Tarun Bharat and Bhangarbhui. The Principal, Goa College of Art is authorized to release notifications related to admission in the newspapers.
2) The application form is available online or at the office of Goa College of Art.
3) The application form must be filled in by the applicant in his/her own handwriting and duly signed by him/her. The form should be submitted at the college office along with the application fee of Rs.800/- in cash at the time of submission of form.
4) Applicant shall submit the application form in person before the due date by obtaining the acknowledgement card. Application received by post /courier will not be entertained.
5) The last date of receiving application at the Office of the Principal, Goa College of Art, Panaji, shall be as mentioned in Part I of Chapter 8 of admission schedule.
6) The application form must be accompanied by self attested photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials as per the list in the application form. Two recent, identical passport size photographs will be required, one should be affixed to the application form in the space provided, and the other photograph should be submitted alongwith the application.
7) In case the applicant is admitted to the B.F.A. course, he/she will be required to submit the School Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate, as the case may be, within 15 days from the date of admission, failing which the admission may stand cancelled.
8) Applications received after expiry of the last date shall be summarily rejected. The College shall not be responsible for loss in transit or postal delay in receiving the application. Any correspondence in this regard shall not be entertained.
9) The applicant claiming a seat in the reserve category of SC/ST/OBC is required to submit the Caste Certificate in the prescribed proforma given in Annexure II & III from the competent authority. If the required certificate is not received by the due date, his/her application will be treated as an application for the general category provided the applicant fulfils the academic condition of general category.
10) The applicant is advised to personally submit the application form complete in all respect before the due date, at the College Office and obtain the acknowledgement card. The College Authority will scrutinize the applications and accept only those forms, which are complete in all respects. Incomplete application shall not be accepted.
However, incomplete applications may be accepted only on the last date of submission of form, for genuine reasons, subject to condition that the acknowledgement card shall be issued only after complying with deficiencies, within time limit specified by the college authorities. The decision of the College Authority shall be final in this regard.
11) Any change in the applicant’s address should be immediately intimated to the College office for communication, if any.
12) No personal communication will be sent to the applicants. In the event of any change in the schedule of admission, the same will be notified through specified local newspapers.
13) The merit list shall be displayed on the College Notice Board as per the specified schedule.
14) In case an applicant has applied for verification of HSSC marks, he/she should inform the College Authority, about his/her revised results in writing along with a certified copy of the revised mark-sheet 5 days before the conduct of Aptitude test, failing which, his/her revised (higher) marks/results, if any, shall not be considered.
15) All the applicants who are offered admission shall have to pay the requisite fees on the same day. The fees shall be accepted in cash only.
16) Inviting applications according to this Prospectus does not confer any right/claim to the applicant, for admission to B.F.A. Course in this College.
17) The seats reserved for various categories, if remain vacant after completion of any round of reserve category shall be transferred to General Category.
18) The decision of the College Authority will be final in interpreting the rules of admission.
Rules, Discipline: All admitted candidates shall be required to strictly abide by the provisions of rules and regulations prescribed by Goa University/Institute, as regards their conduct and discipline. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited and in case any applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he has indulged in ragging, admission may be refused or he shall be expelled from the educational institution, if his explanation is not found satisfactory.
Attention of all applicants is drawn towards Annexure III containing UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, and provisions of Goa Prohibition of Ragging Act, 2008 (Goa Act 9 of 2009) published in official Extra Ordinary Gazette series I, No. 26 dtd 17/07/09. Candidates and their parents are informed to refer the website of UGC (www.antiragging.in) and submit the undertaking in the specified manner therein, to the respective Institute.
19) Applicants, who have passed the qualifying examination from University/Boards other than the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, shall be required to produce an Eligibility Certificate from the Registrar, Goa University, atleast, one day before the aptitude test, to the Head of Institution, without which the admission shall not be confirmed.
20) Applicant/Parents/Guardians shall not canvas in any form to get an undue advantage. Such action may lead to rejection of application form or right of admission to the applican.
21) The admission schedule shall stand confirmed and is not bound to change due to delay in candidate producing authenticated mark-list/seeking verification/ revaluation/awaiting official results of supplementary or any other exams.
22) All the parents/guardians signing the candidate option form at the time of admission/readmission should submit their self-attested Id Proof along with a recent photograph.
23) Answering the aptitude test does not qualify the candidate to avail admission unless he/she submits all the necessary documents and passes in all the subjects of aptitude test.
Note: If any changes come into effect after release of the Prospectus, it will be notified on the College website.